Every thought you have, action you take (or don’t take), word that you choose and statement you make, creates and builds your days, months and years…your destiny. When you believe in yourself, the following things could begin to happen.
1. Coincidences will happen more often. I don’t believe that coincidences are random. I once read that “coincidences are messages from God” and I now live by that. You can choose to pay attention to coincidences, or you can just write them off as a random occurrences. When you believe in yourself, you believe in the infinite power of the Universe and realize that things happen for a reason. Ultimately, this belief will lead you to take more risks and amazing things will start to happen.
2. Decision-making becomes easier. I used to agonize over the most mundane decisions and would sometimes take months to come to a conclusion. It was exhausting and I never got anything done. If you don’t make decisions, you live your life on the fence and commitment to any given outcome is next to nil. You become stuck. When you believe in yourself, you can decide and take action. Therefore, you get results and gain momentum.
3. You’ll view mistakes as important lessons. A “mistake” is actually a blessing in disguise. How can you make sound decisions if you don’t have some “mistakes” and experiences on which to base your decisions? I now learn from my mistakes and use it as a tool…I choose to see it as a blessing and important teacher.
4. Confidence will become second nature. Now that you have a bunch of mistakes under your belt, you will have learned more lessons and know more stuff. And by know more stuff, I mean you can admit that you don’t really know anything! Confidence doesn’t mean you have to be loud and walk around with your chest puffed up. It’s quite the opposite.
5. You will ask for what you need. This is a never-ending challenge for many people. They spend a lot of time upset because they don’t get what they need, but they never asked for what they needed in the first place! It can be difficult to ask for what you need because we can sometimes view that as being selfish. Throw that belief to the curb – sometimes we spend so much time trying to figure how to get something, when the simple solution is to just ask!
6. Your intuition becomes your guide. Gut feelings are real. Listen to what your body is telling you and you’ll realize decision-making is more than a list of pros and cons. This is in direct relation to believing in your infinite wisdom – God, Universe…whatever your name for the Higher Power is.
7. You view your problems as challenges. When God throws a problem at you, it’s actually an occasion to rise to a challenge. It’s an opportunity to step up and an opportunity for growth.
8. You will find that saying you’re wrong becomes easier. You can’t be correct all the time. Sometimes you may make a decision or take an action that doesn’t serve you or others at the highest level. It’s okay…if you know you made a mistake, when you believe in yourself you can admit to it and move on. More than likely you will earn more respect and admiration from the other party. Honesty and humility prove to work on your side every time.
9. You become aware of your limiting beliefs. We tell ourselves stories…all day every day! A lot of the time the stories are only figments of our imagination and we form all of our values and beliefs based on false statements. I continue to identify beliefs that hold me back every day. When you start to experience a negative emotion, start questioning why you feel that way. What would you have to believe in order to experience that particular emotion? Where did that belief come from? Is it even true?
10. Your dreams will come true. All of my dreams have come true, and now I’ve created new ones. I am living proof that if you believe in yourself and the infinite organizing power of the Universe, you will attain everything you’ve ever wanted. When you believe in yourself, you are confident, you can make decisions, you will take necessary action (even when it’s scary), you’ll fall on your face and pick yourself back up…you will continue to grow.
You can manifest everything you ever wanted in your life. You create and build each day with the thoughts that you have…about yourself, about others, about life. Take the first step, just one small action, and create the momentum. It’s the 1% improvement every day that compounds to push you where you want to be – you’ll be unstoppable!
DESIGN your life. Be creative. Be outrageous. Be playful. Believe in yourself and BE AWESOME!